Friday, April 16, 2004

Woodward too?

Well, well. It seems that Bob Woodward is really free of morality. Of course in November of 2002 when it was financially advantageous - as well as politically safe - to paint Bush as a warrior, Woodward fawned praise on our Commander-in-Chief.

Woodward's OLD Bush book, Bush at War was a flattering bit of tripe. Woodward's NEW Bush book, Plan of Attack, reportedly casts the Bush Administration in a far different light.

I'm no fan of W, as I feel that he is wholly unqualified to lead this nation.

Bob Woodward, who has had unsurpassed access to the Bushies, looks - and I'm being kind here - like a faux patriot.

Woodward's latest work is more or less likely to be a corroboration of things that numerous former Bush Administration officials have been saying since Greg Theilmann first spoke to PBS' Frontline a couple of years ago, and then the O'Neill/Suskind book came out and Clarke's, ad infinitum. Now that Bush bashing is in vogue, Woodward unwraps another book exposing the Bush's plans to invade Iraq and take out Saddam.

His 'coming out' will be in this week's installment of 60 Minutes. I know, I was shocked as well.

Fish wrap.

Poor Bob, he had a career once. He was involved in exposing a thing called "Watergate." Now the only thing he's exposing is his yellow streak.

"A courageous man prefers death to the surrender of self-respect." - Mohandes K. Gandhi

I wonder what Woodward prefers?

I am all for getting to the truth about Bush's Iraq plans. Now that it is 'safe' to talk about such matters, Woodward enters the fray. I'm sorry, but Woodward is damaged goods. Too bad. I'm sure his book will fill-in lots of gaps.

No comments :