Friday, February 27, 2004

TEN LINKS SPECIAL EDITION!


IRAQ INFO LINKS!

I get a lot of news regarding Iraqi violence, and the horrific loss of life at lunaville.org. Since Centcom stopped listing the 'casualties' on their front page, I've found lunaville to not only be very current, but an invaluable source of news form Iraq.

Comw.org's War Report is a good place to go data mining..but they are usually behind the curve by a few days. Sometimes this can a VERY good thing.

Democracy Now! with hosts Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez is a must if you have the time to listen. I usually catch the show a couple of times per week. I was listening daily, but my job got in the way. (curses) It's as current as the 'net without reading.

It's not a web source, but some of the very best information to be found anywhere regarding Iraq is of course FRONTLINE. Terry Gross on NPR's Fresh Air sometimes has Iraq pieces. And of course NOW with Bill Moyers is always a good bet.

I think the best online news from the Middle-East comes from IslamOnline. Lots of great current stuff, wonderful archives. A real gem.

Okay, I've given up all my pet Iraq sources. Onward.

*******************************************

SCIENCE!

Spirit is getting it done on the red planet. Looks like the water mystery may be cleared up any time now.Here's the NASA rovers homepage. Big image of Humphrey. :)

In case you don't believe natural virii are potent enough, we'll make you a custom virus using recombinant DNA techniques.

*******************************************

ECOLOGY!

I didn't lump this in with science for a reason. These are issues that are very political as well. Plus, I've never linked to these things, and I am going to give you two reading assignments per day...there is math, but it's fun. Trust me.

First an 'eco-primer' of sorts. Bill Moyers Reports: Earth on Edge series. It's not all that much reading.

Then much more depth at the World Resources Institute. It's good to know stuff.

I'll be adding two ecology links in when I 'do the ten,' from here on.

*******************************************

There is a lot to read. Be sure to check out Islam Online. If you're concerned about the Mid-East, and who isn't, you should give it a bookmark.

I'm done blathering on for one night. What I lacked in content, I certainly didn't make up for in quality. :)

Peace!

No comments :