Sunday, December 21, 2003

A couple of things.

I was just at Google, and typed. "google-watch proxy", sans the quotation marks, into the search box. Normally this has resulted in the first link being: http://google-watch.org/cgi-bin/proxy.htm as this is the proxy server link. This link is missing from at the very least, the first two pages of matches. I know that Public Information Research's President and founder, Daniel Brandt has had some issues with google. Particularly their long term cookies, their hiring of personnel with security clearance and a rash of other insinuations. Much more than you care to know about this situation can be found at Google And The Big Brother Nomination.

Personally, I use the proxy when conducting research that a competitor might find sensitive. Google certainly has the potential for use as a spook front, but then my kitchen also has the potential to be a chemical weapons manufacturing facility.

My other rant is about a conversation I had today with a devout YEC Christian. It was messy, but good fun. I'll report tomorrow.

No comments :