Saturday, May 01, 2004

Not News!

In The Politics of Truth, Joseph Wilson's new book concerning the outing of his wife Valerie Plame, Wilson writes:
"I am told ... that the Office of the Vice-President - either the Vice-President himself or more likely his chief of staff, Lewis 'Scooter' Libby - chaired a meeting at which a decision was made to do a work-up on me. As I understand it, this meant they were going to take a close look at who I was and what my agenda might be."
The FBI is still investigating the leak, and has met with senior White House officials.

So, this is not typical pure bs stuff. Until there are charges pressed and indictments served, this is all just kinda fun.

Oddly, the usually very factual Independent is really playing this up. The usually very good Andrew Buncombe has written an atypically sensational article about the affair. It's mostly just stuff from Wilson's book.

Since Wilson has reportedly spoken to The independent about the outing of his wife, perhaps they feel it is their story. I'm a little disappointed. This should be in the entertainment section at this juncture. No, I do not think that this is at all entertaining. It is deeply disturbing to suspect that your governance would jeopardize national security and people's lives in order to retaliate for someone that spoke the truth. That's frightening.

I've dedicated way to much drive space to this. :)

No comments :