Wednesday, February 18, 2004

More on Google and Limbaugh. I see the fabulous Google news site has linked to the nonsensical rushlimbaugh.com...as if Limbaugh could write an unbiased hard news story.

I did grab some of Rush's quotes while I was there. This man is a mental giant. His words are in green, mine are in red. You can go check this out. Google has directly linked to it. I won't.

"All of this media stuff about John Kerry is just razzmatazz. There isn't any genuine excitement for this guy out there. There are no really excited people for John Kerry because he doesn't affect people that way."
Wow. Rush knows the minds of every Kerry voter. Impressive. We know Bush excites people. The mere thought at his election -- not to be confused with re-election -- has brought Democrats and Independent voters out in recoed numbers in some states. I can back up my statement. The Hot Air Hindenburg cannot. It would be really interesting to know just how many Kerry voters Rush has spoken to...none is a ballpark figure.
"For a year Howard Dean has been trying to take the flag back from me, and he's gotten out of the race before he got my flag. So we'll send him a flag. Get his address in Burlington."
*scanning Nexis* Nope. No mention of any flag here. Your flag wouldn't have a certain symbol of the Third Reich on it would it? I think I can speak for Dean, and say "halten Sie Ihr Markierungsfahnenherrlimbaugh."
"These people who will not take this terrorist threat seriously - who are trying to politicize it and make this the issue over which they seek power - if there were justice, wouldn't get 10% of the vote in
November."
Who exactly are 'these people?' If they are soft on terror why would you want to give them 90% or more of the vote? You did say they don't deserve 10%. 90% sound more like it?

Of course this is a special category of logical fallacy that we at pure bs refer to as: Argumentum ad populum. Simply, appeal to the people. In Rush's special case, it is particularly galling because he has 5 million or so listeners that won't be able, or moved to, get the facts. See: Justice Dept. lawsuit against Ashcroft for "gross mismanagement" in the war on terrorism

Who's not taking the WOT seriously, Rush?

"I'll be honest with you, it's a little depressing to see all of this fringe, wacko and just absolutely off-the-ball stupid stuff being supported or apparently supported by so many people. It really makes you wonder what kind of country we have."
Which stupid stuff? The felonious purchase of thousands of prescription narcotics? Money laundering? Or the abysmal foreign and domestic policies of George W. Bush? I agree. It does make one wonder what kind of country we have.
"I've been trying to do a much better job recently of getting in touch with my feelings, and it's hard, because my whole life I've shoved them away.
Aren't feelings a wonderful thing. I'll give you hint. If you stop lying to others, you may find being more honest with yourself easier. And no more meetings with Kline at Denny's. Those are the first steps.
"With the amount of money we spend on education, when I hear there are parents who can't read, I'm sorry, I don't have sympathy. My fellow citizens and I have paid through the nose to fix this problem since the 1960's, and it sounds like it's only getting worse. Why we say we need another program to deal with this?"
I think the last sentence is supposed to read, "Why do we say we..." I'd say proper sentence structure on the part of multimillionaire shlock jocks is reason enough. (too easy)

But seriously, education in the states is pretty bad. This is typical Limbaugh open ended verbal flatulence. The reason we need different programs is simply because we are falling further behind the rest of the West, and Asia in science and mathematics.

It could be argued that we have a surplus of talk-radio hosts.

For references see Laura Bush.
"It's as I thought. There aren't any credible sources in Maine."
Without context, it's difficult to know what Rush is on about..and that can be chore with context. I think he must still be going on about Edmund Muskie when he was the democratic nominee for VP in 1968..boy time flies when you're jacked up on hill-billy heroin.
"The grinding sound that you hear is the intellectual leader of the left being ground down by the powerful liberal establishment. They just couldn't have Howard Dean run, folks. Howard Dean had to be
destroyed."
No, Rush. That's tinnitus from your uncontrolled opiate binging. "Powerful liberal establishment." Wow. Conspiracy too. PLE: "Taking over a planet near you." I should listen to your show. I have a nice new roll of Alcoa™ aluminum foil with which to construct my listening hat from. Fun!
"I don't hate the government. I just think it's in way too many areas of lives and it's screwing things up instead of the so-called objective being accomplished.
Yeah. I know. It's getting so a guy can't go buying thousands of illegal opiates without coming under suspicion. I guess I'll miss tomorrow's segment on "the so-called objective" of our government. And how about that ACLU, eh? Oh yeah, you need them now. One day Rush's liberal pariah, the next his bedfellow. At least he isn't consistent.
"This was my fantasy last night. Edwards wins in Wisconsin, and this causes a shakeup and a panic throughout the DNC because the DNC is a fluid organization. You have to understand they don't stand for anything other than beating Bush. Whatever it takes to beat Bush that's what they'll be."

Maybe I'm crossing a line here, but Rush Limbaugh and fantasy should never inhabit the same paragraph, much less the same sentence.

I guess his fantasy about Rick Santorum, a Great Dane and overripened bananas didn't come true either.

I hope Rush is correct about the levels that the democrats will go to dethrone King George. The DNC is a fluid organization? What the hell does that mean? I would think it means that they are intellectually nimble. I'm certain Rush means it in some defamatory fashion.


Hugs and liberal Kisses,


I had fun. I hope you do too. Drop a comment, and I'll add your entry.

No comments :