Wednesday, February 18, 2004

First of all, I would like to announce that I, or the press were wrong about Howard Dean. I speculated that Dean would make his departure from the race either Sunday PM, or Monday. I missed it by three days. That is simply unacceptable. The press accounts must be faulty. Those folks are always a few days behind pure bs. :)

All kidding aside, I'd like to congratulate Dr. Dean for giving the Democrats a voice of their own. They are no longer servile to the GOP. He also energized a large group of voters that I suspect wouldn't have felt obliged to assist another candidate. These voters are now likely to vote in November.

If Dean comes my way again, I'll get a photo and post it. I really like the guy.

On the other side of the aisle, storm clouds are moving in. In this USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup poll if the election was to held today, both Kerry and Edwards would win

This is partly explained by all the press given the democrats this primary season.

More ominously, Bush's only 'real' asset, his 'trustworthiness' amongst narcoleptic sheep Americans is in freefall. Here's the bit:
Continuing a decline that has gone on for more than a year, 55% of those surveyed said Bush was honest and trustworthy. That compares to 59% the last time the question was asked in November, and 70% when the question was asked in early January 2003. Sixty-one percent of those surveyed said Kerry was honest and trustworthy.


That would make a juicy graph :) I'm sure Gallup already has one up. And then there's this bit:
The poll indicated Americans felt better about Bush the person than they did about his job performance.1.Majorities said Bush has strong moral character and is a strong and decisive leader2 , but less than a majority said Bush generally agrees with them on important issues and has a clear plan for solving the country's problems.3


pure bs translation:

1. He's a nice guy and all, good for a few chuckles, but man, does he suck at his job.

2. He clears brush and stuff around the ranch. I saw him leading a pony down there in Crawford. And the pretzel was an isolated incident.

3. Tax cut? You mean the one that was more than offset by my increase in local and state taxes? I gutcha tax cut right heyah.

No comments :