Sunday, January 11, 2004

Well, no 60 minutes for me this evening. I'm certain that I'll be able to get the dirt from a number of reliable sources(perhaps a senior White House Official speaking on the condition of anonymity) Heh.

I know that over the weekend I've veered from what I hope is perceived as balanced commentary, backed by facts. I'll be back to normal on the morrow. I hope.

I'm going to try and add a new daily feature. A total of ten links, a few political, some sci-tech, social and pot pourri for your perusal. Things that have gone unreported or underreported by the major media in the States and elsewhere.

Since I started this blog, I've had comments left by people from around the globe. I always knew that my countrymen, for the most part have an America-centric view of the world, but in reading reader comments I find myself in the same ridiculously chauvinistic boat.

I assume that my readers have a working knowledge of my geographic location, the issues that I'm concerned about and well, nealry everything. It isn't hard to fathom why much of the greater world views the U.S. as not some benevolent giant, but as the greatest danger to world peace. And let's be frank, the U.S. govenment's position on that longest lasting of issues, the environment, has been anything but that of a responsible leader. Under the currnet administration this has been particularly apparent.

I'll try and write more from a citizen of the world community, rather than as a myopic American that believes the world ends at our borders.

No comments :