Sunday, November 02, 2014

The weather has turned..it is the reason for the hat. Other Sunday tech. device messing.

As of posting time it is 38F or 3C. The wind has been howling up to 45MPH/72KPH. It feels much colder due to the relatively fierce winds. Needless to say, it has been primarily an indoor day as yet.

I rooted my sub-30USD LG L34C a while back. The big limiter does not seem to be the 512MB of RAM, but the amount of eMMC storage..a whole 2GB. I made a couple of new partitions on my microSD card. Using a couple of programs--along with root access--I am able to move stuff around with some difficulty. It works just fine, but it is hardly drag and drop in all cases. I am just starting to learn about proper file associations. I have an app that automates much of this, but you learn nothing of value using a software shortcut. The phone is still quite fluid and acceptably fast given the hardware.

I was going to root my Nexus 7, but since the device should be getting the push update to Lollipop tomorrow, it might be prudent to wait a bit. I have Gigs of apps to install on the Nexus, but I will wait until after the update and install one at a time. I did grab an "On The Go" cable, installed "Nexus Media Importer" with a 128GB USB drive, and I will use that and 'the cloud' to keep things running smoothly. We will see how that goes.

I can see me hacking the file system, as it is not as simple to use as it should be. This is a matter of easily moving and having access to things across non-volatile storage solutions. I can see spending some time on XDA(Android developers site and forums) picking some brains and adding my own tiny bit of knowledge if I gain some ;) I have already learned more about the Android OS than I ever thought I would.

There needs to be a better solution for across storage media moving without breaking links.

I still have no idea as to what direction I want the blog to take. My whole idea sets are as rudderless as my mind is. The only issue with that is while being able to work on several things simultaneously is an asset in the real world, it is a giant liability in trying to find a primary focus for the blog.

While I was out in the backyard, I fed a woodpecker suet right out of my hand. That was only a hour or so ago. That was kind of cool.

I am going to find something to read, eat some food, and hit the rack early. I have a huge personal/professional bit of news that is almost inked, but I will remain mum until it goes through, or goes kaput.

No comments :