Tuesday, November 04, 2014

I voted..three times...now leave me alone!

Of course since politics really is not about differing agenda(I like not having to have figure out which archaic Latin plural to try and get by mt gentle reader) one should still vote. I would consider it my civic duty, but now that I have been cast out of the jury duty pool for being a witness for the state--yes, I know how unlikely that sounds, but there is a good reason--voting still applies.

Okay, so I voted once this election. In a representative republic like the US, one would hope that a majority of people would vote out of a positive vision for the future.

That shit ain't gonna fly.

It is money and fear that drive people's decisions. The candidates with the biggest war chests have more of an opportunity to keep pressing the fear button.

In New Hampshire--my fair state--the only race likely to be close if for the Senate seat. Neither candidate thrills me, but one of them seems to understand that continuing to despoil the planet is not a good long--or short--term thing. So, I have to make my own habitats for living things--that are not people.

At least I am operating in radio silence today. Cell is off, and home phone is unplugged.

There are others here that can field the nonsense. My ultra-secret NSA proof comm. device(Surrrrre)..nevermind.

No comments :