Saturday, November 08, 2014

In Nature today...

No, not the esteemed science journal, but in my very backyard.

Okay, this is about natural beauty. Way back on 11.05 I tossed in a sentence about planting some bulbs. Here is a quick rundown..I had 660 bulbs at the beginning of my autumn planting, and with today's modest output, I now have but 250 left to plant. Planting bulbs is a great way to get started in gardening.

I think that I have spent perhaps ten hours of aerobic intensity gardening in getting the plots ready, depressing the bulbs, and covering them over. I tamped things a bit as well. All looks good.

Once all bulbs are in ground, I will add mulch here and there as some of the plants are just zone hardy for this area.

All the varieties I planted are not hot house hybrids, but flowers as found in the wild from my native New Hampshire USA, to the mountainous regions of Turkey. Barring any really crazy weather events, the planting looks well done. I have been gardening since before I can remember--my great grandfather had me planting vegetable garden seeds at no later than 2 years of age.

I fell out of it as school and work intervened, but have now spent seven years back in the garden. Of all the types of therapy that one could choose, gardening and exercise are especially rewarding.

I am not really a 'personal anecdote' kind of guy, but I do have my passions.

No comments :