Friday, November 04, 2005

Template Update!
Well, for my one reader that has been following along ;) My new and compliant template is ready for primetime. Expect it to go live by Sunday evening, whilst I test it out in the more obscure browsers.

The only thing that I cannot seem to get to display properly, and I have tried every CCS trick that I know of, is that when viewed in IE, there is ugly whitespace above the subject division. This is due to some bizarre interaction with the new Javscript used to display the Blogger header. *sigh* I'll live with it for now.

Sharp readers will no doubt see that I have added a link(right upper) to my soon to be off-site Lefty Resource Center. It's actually live now, so feel free to click. My plan is to expand the Resource Center with four columns of stuff that Left-of-Center minded individuals might find of interest. I may even use a script-generated page that requires no database that I wrote in PERL a while back for a photographer friend.

That issue will remain fluid as I decide on how I want to update The Center. Since I keep all my HTML files locally, it's sort of a toss-up as to how I'm going perform updates.

If you have any ideas on what I could add - or subtract - please do not hesitate to email me, or respond with a comment.

Another option that I toyed with was having a javascript popup display on this page when the link was opened. Because The Center is something I'd like to grow, I've decided that I'll simply add a bit of code to have the page open in a new broswer window.

Again, any thoughts to the contrary are always appreciated.

EDIT: New template now live!

No comments :