Saturday, April 03, 2004

A Little Chaos

I was discussing the relatively small differences between Kerry and most of the GOP this morning with my brother.....Bush excepted. My brother is a mathematician.

In a moment he cut to the heart of the issue between the parties in a very precise manner. He simply said, "Small differences in the initial input states can have large implications in final outcomes."

From that, it should be plain that he has studied chaos theory in at least some cursory way. In fact, it is much of what he teaches. I got the looks, he got the brains :)

For anyone that has qualms about the minor differences between parties, this should allay some of their reservations about a Kerry Presidency.

We discussed other political topics that he framed mathematically. I will distill and condense this over the next week, and have something of an exegesis prepared next Saturday. Time permitting of course.

No comments :