Friday, October 03, 2014

My stock market mode of action appears to have been spot on...no tech news, nor ebola

The major US stock indices are higher this morning as economic data has simply brought more buyers than sellers into the market. My reasoning appears to have been sound. I am no market maven. I simply see things for what they really are at times. Ebola is now seemingly much more of a threat than it was even two days ago, and yet the market is starting the day off higher, I have to run into town for a bit, and then I will likely have tech and ebola news. I know that most medical practice is far from hard science, but the ebola story is really important.

One thing before I am off..

This does not yet work as advertised> I am in the comment section somewhere posting under my real name. I have no special insights as to why D-Wave's quantum processors are slower than the fastest conventional processors in real computational speed, but well, there it is. The simple answer is there are no quantum effects applicable to the level of the processors. As with any nascent technology until it is proven, it is no better than far less expensive options.

Yes, I did write my Master's dissertation on a novel manner of massive parallel computation, but the sum of that knowledge is not applicable to quantum computing(QC). My architecture is now in common use..remember, I wrote that paper in 1985. I am getting no credit for my now proven computational sequencing. I will convert my paper to .pdf and post it somewhere. I have to find the bloody thing first. The simplest explanation is likely the accurate one. One cannot use really simply use the most parsimonious solution in this case. Sorry, William of Ockham, but I cannot use your wonderful tool in this instance.

The system is too potentially chaotic to give it a nice shave.

Sorry about he delay in getting this out. One of my other avocations is that of an OBD II diagnostician. My brother's car needed a bit of time with the scan tool, and I found an O2 senor code that I believe I rectified by applying the old blasted sand-in-a-bag trick. The formerly grimy O2 sensor has a nice new look to it.

More later..

No comments :