Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Yeah, the whyPhone 6 really does bend, and random tech babble

Links to commentary, vids and more. This is why--in part--I don't spend much on tech gadgets. The other part is that as with most all consumer technology products, the product life cycle(PLC) is 18-24 mos. Right now I have a chance to buy a bunch of middle-of-the-road 32" 1080p LED LCD TVs for 125USD ea. They even have decent panels, but I do not know how much I can easily sell them for, as consumers now balk at a 32" piece of real estate. *shrugs* No idea. I have asked a few dozen people in the real world, emailed my kinder, gentler clients, and polled on one of my websites. I have gotten good, solid data complete with logically sequenced addenda ranging from 75USD to 275USD.

Many of the more thoughtful respondents told me that they questioned my sanity for entertaining the offer. Ar 100USD I would be a buyer.

I was considering buying a tablet to tote to sites, and tether to my phone, but with Android L perhaps only days away, the best deal I can find on a tablet that should retain some resale value down the road a bit still sells for $225USD. The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4". The price on the Samsung site is not for cheapskates like me. This is more like it.

Okay, enough meandering. The whyPhone 6 bends. Aluminum does not handle repeated stressors well. It is really that simple. I find it odd that Consumer Reports is being used as the arbiter of phone integrity. My sentences are clipped and my writing style stilted. :)

I should just buy a Chromebook to kick around. I think I must be the only person in the Western World that cannot contend with the contemptible issues of fingerprints on my viewing pane. Most notebook keyboards are pretty awful as well.

Okay, that is all. I must feed wild birds and collect the numerous demands for payment unquestionably resting in my physical mailbox. Ebola later.

Oh. I am going to go and see just how stiff the whyPhone 6 is..if not later today, then tomorrow. Apple fans be warned: I am far stronger than the average typewriter pusher. No vids will be forthcoming as that has been done to death. I will also test my cheaper than dirt LG L34C at the same time.

On Edit: Cleaned up spelling..I left the awful sentence structure and word choices to remind me just how much of a hack I really am.

No comments :