Saturday, September 06, 2014

M.N. proposed? Good for her!

Martina Navratilova proposed at US Open today, Good on her! I hope that this pair bonding lasts a good while.

I never really discuss my views on LGBTH(the "H" is for hetero) issues. I s'pose it just never occurs me to comment on such issues. If two--or more--humans are of the age of consent, and these humans wish to bring it to the level of matrimony, I am good with that. Of course being a materialistic human with a bent towards an anarchistic political view, it is too natural a fit for me not to don.

I am not much of a sports fan, but Martina N. really transcends the whole sports legend title. She seems such a fine human being.

That said, I adored watching M.N and Steffi Graf battle in the late 1980s. They are giants.

In ebola news, the NYT has an editorial that distills just what I have gone on about this summer.. and adds "Given the W.H.O.’s weaknesses, the White House ought to consider whether the United States should take the lead."

Here is some speculation as to why the US has yet to lead on this issue. Obama is now an embattled president. I feel pretty confident in stating that Obama would like to lead on this issue, but cannot at present. There are essentially two reasons why he will not lead until perhaps later this year. Half of the answer can be divined from the last sentence.

As much as it only makes perfect sense for the US to lead on this issue, things are not likely to change until after the mid-term elections.

The apple cart is on three wheels as it is, and who knows what would happen if Obama was to do something more regarding the West African ebola outbreak? That this is even a potential issue, is truly a shame.

The other part of equation is inexorably linked to that which was just stated. If Obama moved forward with real zeal regarding the West African ebola outbreak, one can almost be certain that skin color would rear its fucking ugly heed. Oh, it would not be shouted, but racial undertones would almost certainly be spawned by those petty minded fools that we have for pundits.

Really, Obama's second term has almost all been about race when one removes the chaff. I cannot figure out why people do not seem to care for the ACA. Okay, if one sets aside stupidity, incestuous coupling, and not having any command whatever about the real facts, THEN I only know of one reason why people are upset about the ACA. It is a color issue.

I do not know if it has even been brought up but everything wrong with Iraq--from IEDs to ISIS--are squarely braindead Bush's deals.

That Obama's polling numbers are so low are only due to some kind of weird collective amnesia. There seem to be no limits to the paths to stupidity, but few to the light of knowledge.

I cannot fathom why today's GOP holds Reagan is such regard. Ronald Reagan was very likely the worst president of the 20th century. I can do it by the numbers if I must. It just gets really ugly for Saint Ronnie when I do so.

Shit! A mostly political rant.

Sorry 'bout that. I am off to hang my head in the corner. Honestly, I am sorry.