Wednesday, August 27, 2014

No. I am not anti-gun. I am anti-stupid.

9 year old girl kills 'instructor' with Uzi on full auto. The now deceased 'instructor,' a Mr. Charles Vacca is hereby nominated for a Darwin.

Lest anyone think I am an anti-gun crusader, the evidence is not there. I held my Federal Firearms License(FFL) for 9 years. I had my own little shop as well. I was hardly Wal-Mart. I would not sell any firearm to perhaps 30% of my potential customers. Sure, it took time to fully explain The Second Amendment to the US Constitution to people that I did not believe neither trained well enough, nor sufficiently in control of their faculties to responsibly handle and care for a firearm, but I slept well every night.

I took--and take--the "well regulated" phrase of the Second Amendment in its proper context. Insufficient training and/or discipline were the two properties that I used to judge a person worthy or not to purchase any firearm.

I was fortunate enough to never have a real incident with a potential customer that even escalated to the raised voices degree. I handed out a lot of supporting documents.

I shuttered the store in 1998.

No comments :