Thursday, December 22, 2005

New Stuff Just Around Corner
I know. I haven't been making any entries.

For this I am sorry.

However, I have been following along. The political scene is rife with Abramoff rumors, an Osama myth(okay LIE) has been uncovered, The Iraqis are claiming voting fraud(they truly are on a similar path to democracy as the US), and Time Magazine staff minded its minders by naming yet more Western person(s) as Persons of the Year(admittedly, the Gates foundation and Bono are good choices, great even), but I find this to be the exception.

On that last note, there are some great people doing important work this year that you may wish to consider supporting.

Media issues:

For accuracy in righting the Right consider, the indispensible Media Matters.

Good television:

PBS Link to local station finder

Then there are so many around the globe in need that there is no way for me to compile a list in the few minutes it's taking me to compose this post.

Charity Watch is a good place to start, whilst ReutersAlertnet's searchable NGO database is a good place to start on a quest for a broader international search. In addition ReutersAlertNet also offers an emergency by region page which when you find a cause you'd like to assist with, simply open the link, and get the latest NGO news on the situation.

The caveat here is to always check out the organization before making a donation.

Until I go live with the site redesign ~1 January, I'll be making few entries.

Happy (insert your celebrated holidys here)!

Family arrives tonight. I'll be busy through to Monday. Plus my employer expects me to bloody work tomorrow! The nerve!

I'll be posting a list of 5 predictions for 2006 on 31 December. Stay tuned for the worst forecasting you've ever read!

No comments :