Friday, November 18, 2005

Quickie Budget Update!
I'm trying to process data from three sources on how the numbers actually break down re: the budget that the House of misrepresentatives passed earlier this morning.

I have conflicting data. I don't want to mislead.

I have lots of quotes from Repubs - they seem very pleased

I have lots of quotes from Dems - they're pretty pissed off.

One safe quote via CNN/AP:
The bill, passed 217-215 after a 25-minute-long roll call, makes modest but politically painful cuts across an array of programs for the poor, students and farmers.


GOP fears of political fall-out. Lots of other quotable stuff, but no numbers that don't conflict in some way.

Sorry for this stunted, immature entry. But I'm dealing with an incomplete picture at the moment. ARGhhhhhh!

No comments :