Saturday, March 13, 2004

US Senator: Report on Iraq Intelligence 'Damning'

Not much to chew on here. The report is due out this spring sometime. Perhaps in April.

*********************************************

I just have a couple of words to say about the Spanish bombing and possible links to Islamic militants. I would like to single out al-Qaeda if I may.

I don't know how much of al-Qaeda's 'top people' we have rendered harmless. The president of the U.S. claims it to be two-thirds, but he sometimes has issues with mathematics.

I for one, just want the truth from my leadership. I don't feel that I have been given the most honest answers to my most vexing questions. Don't politicize this. Tell us the truth. We can handle it. All we ask is that we be given a chance.

If this can be proven to be al-Qaeda, so that no one would have a reasonable doubt, I want to know. Likewise, if it cannot be reasonably demonstrated to be al-Qaeda, I want to know. It is the least that our leadership owes to its citizenry.

My thoughts are with the Spanish people this evening.

May you find peace.

No comments :