Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Tenet today:
"I do the intelligence ... they take the intelligence and assess the risk and make a policy judgment."


As reported by CNN in open testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee.

I should note in all fairness that Tenet did not indict the Administration by claiming that they hyped the intelligence that they were given.

But Tenet reportedly said the following:
"I'm not going to sit here today and tell you what my interaction was ... and what I did and didn't do, except that you have to have confidence to know that when I believed that somebody was misconstruing intelligence, I said something about it. I don't stand up publicly and do it."
Now if that's not a political statement, I fear that one has yet to be made.

Tenet appeared to give ground grudgingly. I saw a tiny bit of the grilling he received on C-Span during my lunch break.(Shhhh, but I'm always on break)


No comments :