Friday, November 21, 2014

Nokia N1 AND I have started my icon set for Android 5..which is better than having Android 5 at this juncture

I am going to test drive a Nokia N1 tablet as soon as possible. It looks like next year at the earliest. If Nokia's native apps aren't too intrusive, this could be my next tech. buy. Of course much needs to be finalized. Specs-wise, it's a killer. As what is now high end hardware becomes mid-to-low end hardware, phones and tablets will become less expensive. Commodification is great for the end user, but really tough on margins from the silicon on up. The N1 should certainly land on these shores at no more than 349USD, and will likely be discounted from there over time. Now, on to my project X...

I have the Android Material Design SDK installed--along with the Eclipse ADT--and it's pretty easy to use. I do not think I am oversimplifying things as I grabbed a .png image, used Android Asset Studio>Eclipse>Presto!(well, "presto" isn't part of deal, but compiling my one icon--in five sizes--into an APK was too easy. No need for the SDK as yet. I may cheat a bit as I have a current copy of Axialis IconWorkshop, and I am never satisfied with UI elements that I author. I am going to read up on IconWorkshop a bit, and reason whether or not it will save me much hair pulling and use of foul language.

No comments :