Friday, October 31, 2014

Yes, I am breaking my own self-imposed rule.

I suppose this is pretty safe ground since I am represented by no political party. I was radicalized before exiting the womb. My political views have often been mistaken for being those of the Democratic Party. I am a firm believer in self-governance. This is good, functioning anarchism. I am so far out of politics that I only align with whichever political party wants to actually go about saving the planet for future generations. Right now it only appears that the Democratic Party is even paying lip service to the only goal of any worth.

That beings me to the point of this post. I have offered to do a number of high skill level tasks for the Dems, but all that they want is me for is to toss them the odd copper.

Groveling for peanuts is downright shameful.

The reason for the post title is that I disgustedly composed this post on 10.27.2014 @ 1100 -500 GMT.

I am only posting it now because of yet further disillusionment with the US political process. I offer up any and all reasonable IT services gratis, and I keep getting asked for a 5 dollar donation. If I went to our local data center, pulled wire and installed say, a caching appliance, I might charge a thousand bucks depending on what kind of software tricks were needed in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol environment. I am offering to do this sort of thing for free and all I get is an extended money grubbing paw. Fucking idiots. I have a working relationship with one person running for office, and her camp has not asked me for a dime. I did a few email hacks in order for her lackeys to rapidly respond to queries and offers of money, young children and so forth, based on geographic information, and that was worth something.

This country is really broken. No one has fix for even the small stuff. The big issues that will likely reduce the population to a fraction of its present size are not even on the radar of the candidates. I would like to believe that some people in elected office are smart enough to see beyond not only the election cycle, but beyond the end of their lives and do something about the issues that are likely to lead to a massive die-off of the species, but there is scant evidence that this is the case.

Elizabeth Warren is a good bet to understand complex and changing landscapes that are part and parcel of ongoing science, but once people reach a certain level in politics, they seem to lose perspective of the big prize. Settling for little victories seems as good a way as any for societal collapse. Natural ecosystems today, anthropogenic systems tomorrow. It is simply a matter of time unless radical measures are taken yesterday.

No comments :