Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tim Cook comes out..Why the hoopla?

I guess that if you're the CEO of the company with the highest market capital on the planet, coming out as a gay person is news. Why? Of all industry sectors, technology has always been more accepting of various shades of sexual preference. It is women and certain other-than-white groups that still have it tough. I remember the early days of personal computing and online services as being apologetically egalitarian. Cook's admission should shock no one.

My SO thinks that I live in a tiny bubble where everything is defined by logic and reason. She is, unfortunately, mostly correct.It is not as if I am actively trying to hide, but more a matter of not being able to engage with large swaths of American life. I blame commercial television. I get no new data, and then the show cuts to commercial. This must not stand!

Sorry. The UPS man just delivered me two Nexus 7 2nd gen. tablets, and I had to open them up and inspect them.

TV still sucks.

I still have not decided on a new direction for the blog. Please do not force me into penning screeds about the gadget of the day, and just how lame they really are. It really baffles me that endgadget and gizmodo has readers. The writers simply do not have the silicon cred to do the job.

Meh. I am off to have dinner and get some sleep.

No comments :