Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Sad day for ebola news.

The virus, which causes fever and bleeding, has killed at least 3,439 people. Of course the WHO figures are always behing the disease. The Reuters piece gives a just-the-facts timeline, as well.

I have nothing else today. Between coding an emergency bulb planting, I am pretty well done. I blame my fatigue on my bulb wholesaler not providing me with special planting instructions. I knoew that Fritillaria need to put into the ground soon after arrival, but in checking the Interners, they are supposed to be planted directly after receiving them. I have had them in a very cool dry place since their arrival on 1 Oct. The plants are way more finicky then typical bulb plants. In talking to the wholesaler, they noted that they did not specify "plant IMMEDIATELY," so in the advent of duds, I will get free replacement product next autumn. It really does make a difference who you get your plants and supplies from..much like anything else.

Perhaps I can save the plants!

This post was meant for two days ago. Sorry about that.

No comments :