Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ebola 10.16.2014

The 2nd nurse to catch the ebola virus from patient zero demonstrates a comedy(albeit a very black one) of errors by pretty much everyone involved. the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital is reportedly "deeply sorry" for ebola breaches of protocols. Let us call them monumental fuck-ups.

So, it looks like my early hypothesis concerning protocol breaches were manifold worse than I expected.

I used the disclaimer "looks like" as I trust pretty much no one to come out with the whole truth at a point where people are freaked out.

This is very much like a cover-up after a crime has been committed. The crime may be bad in and of itself, but the cover-up is typically gets someone's head on a pike.

The CDC's first objective is not to stop the spread of pathogenic diseases. It is to assuage public fears in an effort to avoid widespread panic.

We have seen this sort of thing very recently. The incidence of Lyme(Borreliosis) was recently increased by a factor of 10. This after a decade or so of denial.

The health workers were not properly trained, and all manner of containment procedures were not followed. I suppose that the latter is due to direct action of the former.

Let us hope that every health care everywhere on the planet is getting schooled in hemorrhagic fever containment procedures.

I am selling my business this week, so it has been lawyers, and negotiations. I should be done with all of that by 25 Oct. or thereabouts.

No comments :