Saturday, October 18, 2014

Biting the technology bullet

As my regular reader knows I am a real cheapskate when it comes to consumer technology products. However, if you always wait for the inevitable price drops to occur--and they always have--one could miss out on somrhing, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what that might be. I really do need some SSDs. I am going to install Chrome on an old notebook comp., and given that the machine has 2 64 bit unmolested cores running @ 1.9 GHz, with a DX11 1 GB GDDR5 video card, the box will fly, and I will not have to give up very much as it already has Ubuntu on board.

Given that I am doing this as an experiment only, it is totally overkill. The little notebook has more processing power than a 2012 i5 Haswell mobile. I have had the little beast since 2007.

The other SSDs are for work boxes that are not mobile.

I need food

I think that I can get a great deal on a three pack of SSDs right now, so I am going fishing.

No comments :