Friday, June 11, 2004

Public Service Announcement

If you're like me - I mean that in the most superficial of ways - you appreciate the ability to listen to talks, in-depth news and critical analyses of important issues(saves on the eyestrain of reading :)

Don't you?

I'll presume that you do. I'd like to share my favorite 'download it now and listen later' websites with you.

I'm sure you're familiar with some of these.

My regular listens are these:

Democracy Now! Does Amy Goodman's and Juan Gonzalez's Monday through Friday show need an introduction? I don't think so. Running time: 60 mins.

Another Monday through Friday radio show is Free Speech Radio News. Headlines and analysis - sort of a junior partner to Democracy Now! Give them a try. Running time: 30 mins.

A weekly program that has become a must listen for me is the Radio Project's Making Contact. A half-hour dedicated to a single issue. This week's episode covers the new Central American Free Trade Agreement(CAFTA). Running time: 30 mins.

The last thing on my web listening list is Radio4All's Unwelcome Guests. I like the billing of this program: "A program about wealth, power, and peoples' resistance to the New World Order." I don't find it nearly so subversive. It is very good. There are 4 years of archived shows available for download. This is another weekly that really shouldn't be missed. Running time: 120 mins. (downloads are split into two segments)

So get out there and stir it up!

(I now have 6GB of audio from the various shows assembled into my own archive)

The beauty of these programs is the D/L now, listen whenever option. I hope someone finds something of value here.


No comments :