Friday, June 11, 2004

Comcast: Fast, but poor service

I am back after a 3 day hiatus due to Comcast.

I lost my cable connection after a thunderstorm. I had two technicians here all day yesterday attempting to fix the problem. I asked a couple of questions about the nature of their network(serendity in action).

This morning I went to my local Comcast office to, well, bitch about the poor service. I then came back to the office armed with some tools of the RF trade.

Needless to say, I fixed the issue. I shouldn't have messed with Comcast's equipment, but when I was told that it might be ten days before 'maintenance' came out to look at the problem, that was too much.

I guess I must've paid some attention during the relevant courses at university. Some, not much :)

Comcast is a great ISP as long as you don't have any issues. It's also okay if you are an MSEE.

******************************************

I am really getting Saint Ronnie overload. I'm not going to comment about all the nefarious actions that occurred with 'Dutch' at the helm.

Democracy Now! has dedicated this week to reilluminating some of the less savory 'adventures' that were undertaken(no pun intended) during the Reign of Reagan. I'll let you, my dear, gentle reader listen and get the other side of the Reagan legacy from Amy Goodman and her guests. I have nothing to add.

No comments :