Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Dang!

I didn't make an entry yesterday, so I gather there was nothing newsworthy. One think that managed to get my attention was this USA Today article that attributed yesterday's stock market performance to some kind of nostalgic relection upon Reagan's life.

So, what do we have to do to have a sustained rally in the U.S. equities markets? Have a legendary American politician die every day?

The same USA Today is reporting that there is a renewed push to have Reagan replace Hamilton on the $10 bill. The Ronald Reagan Legacy Project, who is the primary driver for this change is headed by Grover Norquist.

Reagan was a polarizing figure. I'll leave it at that.

My favorite Reagan quotes:

1) "What does an actor know about politics?" – criticizing Ed Asner for opposing American foreign policy

2) "Trees cause more pollution than automobiles."

3) "All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk."

Not under my desk.

No comments :