Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Clarke's Introductory Statement Before The 9-11 Commission:

"I welcome these hearings because of the opportunity that they provide to the American people to better understand why the tragedy of 9/11 happened, and what we must do to prevent a reoccurrence.

"I also welcome the hearings because it is finally a forum where I can apologize to the loved ones of the victims of 9/11, to them who are here in the room, to those who are watching on television.

"Your government failed you. Those entrusted with protecting you failed you. And I failed you. We tried hard, but that doesn't matter, because we failed. And for that failure, I would ask, once all the facts are out, for your understanding and for your forgiveness."

************

Clarke's the first person to apologize to the survivors. Is this the kind of person that the Bushies want to smear? I think not.

No comments :