Friday, January 02, 2004

It is time. Time for me to give a shout to the Center for American Progress. They've done a great job in a very few short months.

On their front page, you'll find one of my personal interests(no pun intended). That is a personal savings plan. Personally, I pay myself, in the form of retirement savings prior to paying any other bills. I truly do consider my allocations for retirement bills due. This way, I always pay them.

For most Americans this is not the case. The Center has some well though out plans to get everyday Americans to save. Or save more.

If you want to jump right to the articles regarding personal savings, the links are here(main), here, and here.

I think that this is an issue that Congress should take the lead on. Anything that can work towards giving one peace of mind during the latter stages of their lives is an issue that all of us can understand.

If we do not act soon, retirement for most Americans will no longer be known as the 'golden years.' It may just be the most frightening time of their lives. No one needs that. Particularly when faced with physical and mental declines as well.

Let us act now. For all of our futures.

No comments :