Sunday, November 09, 2014

150 more bulbs in ground today! 100 to go..Yippee Ki-yay!

I am (nearly) so done planting bulbs this autumn. I should go back to UNH and get a post-grad degree in something to do with plants. Dang. I just checked the pre-reqs. for an MS in plant biology..and I am certain that I could do this.."Applicants are expected to have adequate preparation in plant biology and in the fundamentals of physical and biological sciences. They must submit current scores (within five years) from the general test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)". Screw the current scores. I took enough bio., physics, and math to maybe even go for a PhD.

Here are the PhD pre-reqs: "Students will complete a program of study as determined by their guidance committee. Students will be advanced to candidacy after successfully completing comprehensive written and oral qualifying examinations covering a broad basic knowledge of their major and minor fields and their ability to design and carry out basic research in plant biology. Candidates must successfully defend a dissertation based on original research in plant biology".

Now I just need a few years of time to get this done.. :) I need to get hooked up! I can do research..heck, it's what I do nearly every day. I was born in a laboratory.

The link.

My biggest issue in my academic career was being unable to teach undergrad courses. I expect students to know the material before it is presented. The out is this: "Teaching experience is required of all M.S. and Ph.D. degree students. The requirement may be fulfilled by enrolling in a supervised teaching course, by serving as a teaching assistant, or by having previous professional teaching experience. I am not even certain that I could assist in teaching. I am still willing to give it a go..

Who wants to pay for me to go back to school? Come on! I need to learn more stuff.

No comments :