Friday, September 26, 2014

Home Repairs/Improvements..never leave 'em to a contractor..if you are certain that you can do them properly yourself

This is really far off my beat. I have spent the last few hours installing a storm door. I do this kind of work as it is far removed from how I earn my keep. I do not enjoy repairs/upgrades/replacements nearly as much as gardening, but I do enjoy a job well done. The storm door was a kit of sorts. I had a brand new fiberglass door and that was all. Everything else I sourced from my former life as a hoarder, and I even scored 17 matching windows from the fabulous Joseph. I helped him wire up a house a while back, and he gave me a glass greenhouse kit. Nary a broken pane! Before you run off half-cocked and try your hand at commercial plumbing or some such, you do need to both know lots of different hings, and have the skill sets and tools to properly do the job.

I have a roofing contractor only. Next spring/summer I am going to hire a contractor to do some site work. I am getting a new garage.

I will build it out of a kit I will compile. I know a junk guy that collects pallet racking beams and uprights. I will simply do the CAD work and talk the town officials into rubber stamping my building project.

I really need food and some drink.

I am not anti-contractor. I just feel that anyone that owns properties should be able to do a good amount of the work to maintain said properties themselves.

food. Now.

No comments :