Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Blog's resurrection(no, this one's not a myth), and different focus

Hello gentle reader!


I stopped blogging in earnest as other pursuits--like starting two businesses--came to take over my life(so called).

Well, I'm back. Political blogs are everywhere. I'm shifting the blog's focus to things you aren't likely to find on facebook.

That is, to say, anything of real depth.

Another prime motivator is that since the rise of the search engine, people think less deeply about nearly everything.

This post will not be about why that is a demonstrable fact having to do with neuroplasticity, but is a shot across anyone's bow that I'm no longer going to repeat blather garnered by media outlets.

As a workaday scientist(I am an electronic engineer masquerading as a computer scientist) I have special knowledge in only the fields of semiconductors(varied), medical imaging device design, and arcane mathematics. I'll admit to still not having a firm a grasp on QM as I'd like. But then, I'm hardly alone in this regard.

Enough about that. Since no political party represents functional anarchy as a platform, there is no longer a place in the political sphere for the likes of me. Hence the change. I haven't changed my political views, but since I am not crazy, well, most of the rest of what makes it from one person to another isn't quite sane.

The blog will now be a haven for my metaphysical naturalistic-and hence materialistic-views on science, mathematics, and why so few people can tell you how even a simple radio works. It really may as well be magic to most people. Oh, they may wax a bit about 'flowing electrons' but that's likely as far as my countrymen could go with anything like a semblance of accuracy.

I am not going to get into deep water here. This is, after all, merely a public blog.

I'll aim for one sciencey and mathy piece per day. But perhaps most importantly I'll try and illuminate the way that the media, punditry, get almost everything science, math and logic, related wrong to one degree or another.