Thursday, June 17, 2004

Umm, George. Off the Meds?

Yes, a day after the 9-11 commission finds no al-Qaeda-Hussein link, our dear leader says there is..because he says there is.

Bush: "The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and Al Qaeda, because there was a relationship between Iraq and Al Qaeda."

Maybe it's just me, but this doesn't really seem to rise to the level of credible evidence.

"Trust me, I represent the government."

I think the time has come.

Say it with me, George: cog·ni·tive dis·so·nance

Oh yeah. This man should be operating the levers of powers. I think a toothbrush is the most I'd hand him.

I grabbed Bush's unbelievable quote from the LA Times.

There is a lot more fun to be had at the LA Times article(onerous registration required).

If you do read WaPo on anything like a regular basis, Pincus and Milbank(the authors of the first article I linked to) are the journos to seek out.

On Edit: If Bush had said that there is NOW a link between Iraq and al- Qaeda, at least that would have had some degree of plausibility.

On Edit Part Deux: The reason Bush is maintaining the facade of the non-link is because of this:
...I have reluctantly concluded, along with other coalition leaders, that only the use of armed force will accomplish these objectives and restore international peace and security in the area. I have also determined that the use of armed force against Iraq is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organiza-tions, or persons who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001. United States objectives also support a transition to democracy in Iraq, as contemplated by the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 (Public Law 105-338)....
Directly from Whitehouse.gov.

No comments :