Saturday, June 26, 2004

Back in The States

Well, I am back in New Hampshire. I must say that after a week in the tropics, that life stateside is highly overrated.

The only thing that I can see as a plus is that here I have a broadband internet connection. Not a great consolation.

I found that I can be a very much 'type b' personality given the proper environment.

A different perspective is vital for growth. Having your biases and realities challenged by others that are trying to get to some kernels of truth in a world dominated by lies and obfuscations is at once both draining and exhilarating.

I managed to read a book while in St. Thomas.

I read Weapons of Mass Deception: The Uses of Propaganda in Bush's War on Iraq by Stauber and Rampton. Cover art courtesy of This Modern World creator Tom Tomorrow, AKA Dan Perkins.

A good read, and while much of the content has since been covered by others, and in more detail, it is still a good primer on how governments of all stripes use propaganda and yes, lies in their push for war, or any other unpopular program.

Fear not. This is not going to become a travel log.

This post is the last time I am going to mention my trip. I need to catch up on what's going on. Our flight back was delayed by five hours by some sort of communication f*ck-up between American(the airline) and the Kennedy Space Center.

I'm really tired.

Thanks to all of you that have checked in over the last week. Yes, my entries were sparce, but I am back! :)


No comments :