Sunday, December 07, 2014

Business sale status, AND my Google+ moment of shame and infamy(situation too new to judge impact)

The business formerly known as Wright Computer Services, LLC is being subsumed into a larger concern. I do not yet have the physical check in hand, but I have seen the image, and it was mailed on 05. Dec. 2014. I have been contacting customers regarding the change of ownership, and tying up loose ends prior to the final exchange of all rights, assets, and liabilities. Over the past month I have not slept a full night's sleep, and on many a night not even a wink. This situation will resolve once I get the new owner's staff up to speed on my oddly constructed software configurations and codings.

Over the past three nights the situation has become acute as I have slept no more than five total hours over that span. That segue leads me to my next item..

My Google+ moment of infamy and shame

Okay, so this went horribly awry as I tried to catch up on my few commenters' posts whilst responding to comments following this post. In the 10th position of comments, I entered the following: "Why do these Apple posts garner so much attention, both positive and negative?'

"I may have answer. Scientists: Apple Makes Your Brain Go All Religious'

"That this was likely the situation in 2011, would almost invariably lead to the conclusion that this unreasonable sort of devotion--and detraction--is even more pronounced today. My post was meant to be only an account as to what tech. cos. typically do when faced with legla[sic] action, not as an indictment of Apple's particular practices. Nearly all successful, tech. concerns have closets full of skeletons.'

"Thanks for reading, and leaving comments (responder one), and (responder two).'"

To my sleep-deprived, acting God of business transfer, and hence, manifold addled brain, this came out as a sort of merely factual post completely devoid of indictments to the comments--or commenters--subsequent to the post.

Within minutes, I found out just how wrongly placed my confidence in that position was mis-placed. I was dressed down by one of the two mentioned by name. Upon rereading my addition to the comments, I saw just how twisted my interpretation was..I have rarely felt such humiliation, shock, and shame at something I have done by inclusion or by exclusion. I would say 'never,' but my few friends that read this, are certain to bring equally poor lapses in judgement to mind(so that easily plucked fruit is gone!)

How could I have been so wrong...and in so few words? The answers are that i am horrible deficient when it comes to pre-judging the import of socially inexcusable actions, and my sleep-deprived self did not see the all-too-obvious trap that i had set for myself. That my attempt at providing merely factual information was seen as tarring my commenters with the brush intended only for people outside the group speaks volumes about my mindset. I only posted that a few hours ago, and the only thing that has changed is cognition of my deficit. One cannot take back something loosed on the Internet, so I let it stand unaltered. I have only one intention for the post. I hope that it serves the longer-term goal of making me really think about what i am about to loose on the Internet before doing so. If I never err again in this life, I have erred enough. We shall see how this one comment affects the few people in my circles on G+. I only started using "Plus" as a way to relieve some of the stress that has been building since the post business sale has limited the time and energy I can devote to missives on the Web.

It is now abundantly clear that I should have simply waited until the dust settled and resumed posting to this Blog. Perhaps some sleep will alter my perception of things in a more positive way as I feel abject misery over the comment. It may get worse given sleep, bur that is likely to be a short-lived artifact given my level of horror over what just transpired.

It is a given that I am terrible at initially anticipating what effect my nonsense spilling will engender, but this was egregious to a whole new level for me.

I do have a tech. laden post that is ready to go as well, but I had better reread that several times to be as sure as possible that I do not replay that awful event.

One hopes only to do better in the future.

Once the business sale is totally wrapped up I should be back to posting on a regular basis. I only have until the end of 2014 to get the staff prepped to transition so that will almost certainly mean long days and nights spent in a foreign land(another state) until the very end of the year. I will be taking a full-on break from doing anything business/job related lasting at least several months, so I hope to put my brain back as right as it can be.

Thanks(!), and I will be back within a day, and then almost certainly off until 01/2015.

All in all it has been a great year save for the current catastrophes. As financially rewarding as the business sale has been, in all other respects, it has been a sting of awfuls. If 2015 is even half as rewarding on so many levels, it will be a great year.

Oh, and by the way, this post was composed on my tablet, so all errors of logic, grammar, and any other errors that I typically try and avoid have been left as this stream of (un?)consciousness has been unaltered and I have spell-check turned off as the supplied dictionary(sorry Google, but it flatly sucks) makes creative use of the language and typing tech. jargon a very painful affair(the tech. jargon is in the as-yet-yo-be-loosed post that I also composed on the Nexus 7 tablet, of which I now have two).

Again, as always, thanks for reading, and I hope to really return a much more rested, less addled version of my current self.

Oh, and any joy that I felt once negotiations were concluded, have now been consumed by the monster of responsibility that has befallen me since.

"This really sucks" does not even begin to describe my feelings of utter exhaustion and ongoing tension that has accompanied the post-sale process. That is in some part why no names will ever be given--and there are legal issues regarding certain outright disclosure that would take teams of attys. decades to find any loopholes contained therein--so my name dropping reticence is mostly borne out of fear of financial ruin.

I have more work to do before I can even consider calling this day done.